Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Does jaundice cover the whole eye and both eyes? Could

Does jaundice cover the whole eye and both eyes? Could

Patient: Does jaundice cover the whole eye and both eyes? Could it just be on the sides of the eye when I roll my eye all the way left or right?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.If someone has jaundice and has yellow eyes, this will cover the whole eyes and never a part of it.If only part of them are stained, the reason may be different. Please consult an Eye Specialist to get a clinical evaluation and treatment if required.Such partial staining can occur in cases of allergic reaction, Vitamin A deficiency and local problems.I hope this answers your query.