Does loose skin tighten after weight loss? I lost 60

Q: Does loose skin tighten after weight loss? I lost 60 pounds over a year. I am 17 years old, 5'9" and currently weigh 130 pounds.

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctors,

When you lose weight, and especially when you lose weight very quickly, these elastic components of your skin not only lose the layers of fat that keep them stretched out over your body, but they also don’t have much time for their elasticity to adapt to your new shape. So it’s better to not lose weight quickly. Having plenty of water can also make skin perfect. Eat healthy. There are few chances of regaining the weight. So having a correct diet will help you to maintain the weight as well as maintain your skin. Use skin packs. These packs will cleanse your skin as well as tighten it.

You can do exercises which tone the muscles and tighten the skin as well. If this done not resolve the issue, talk to a Dermatologist.