Does marijuana stunt growth in hieght for teens? Specificall

Patient

Q: Does marijuana stunt growth in hieght for teens? Specifically around 15 years old and does it affect puberty.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Yes there are reports which suggest that frequent use of marijuana may have an effect on the normal growth and development and also on the puberty. It would be wise to stop using marijauna if you are noticing any such adverse effects. Infact you should spend more time in having a healthy life style like regular aerobic exercises and eating healthy fresh food and having regular sleeping hours.
Do meet your doctor.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health