Does masturbation affect muscle gains?

Q: Hi! My name is Victor. I would like to enquire about the truth of a long debated myth among bodybuilders- does masturbating will decrease or hinder your muscle mass growth? as some rumours claimed that after masturbation will lead to a decrease in the muscle building hormone-testosterone levels as well as loss of some testosterone producing nutrients such as zinc and selenium. Yet, many bodybuilding trainers confirms that there are no effects of masturbating towards muscle mass loss.

For your information, I'm a 21 year old man that is health conscious and does weightlifting workouts at the gym regularly at least once a week. I'd really seldom masturbate, but occasionally I would masturbate and ejaculated once per 2 weeks to once per month. However, each time after I ejaculated, I felt worried that the nutrients lost from my semen and decrease in testosterone might decrease my maximum muscle gain or recovery after my hard worked gym routine. In fact, recently I just masturbated once after two days of my last arm workout session.

My anxiety towards the doubts of this myth has kept me feeling guilty after each masturbation and I'd really hope to cut out this habit permanently and stop thinking about pornography for the sake of maximizing my muscle gains. However, I searched through the internet and still unable to find a reliable information source that provides reliable scientific evidences to answer this question...

I hope any of the doctors in this website can give me a reliable scientific based or proven answer to this myth. Thank you in advance for any professionals information

Best Wishes!