Does medical abortions always happen in the first twenty four hrs?

Patient

Q: Last Friday i went in and got medical abortion pills at a clinic, i had to shove 8 pills into my vagina . They say your supposed to have a miscarriage in the first 24hrs of taking them. I bled for 4 hours that day and then a LITTLE bit the next day, then nothing. I went for my ultra sound three days later and the baby was still there. Right after my ultra sound i started bleeding again, this time way more and ive been bleeding for about 2-3 days straight now with lots of blood clots. Do you think its working now? Is this even possible? I have terrible cramps because of this and they gave me more pills to use but i dont want to do it and go through the pain again if its working now.

Doctor