Does my girl have ADHD

Q: Hi my little girl is two years old and I no it's the stage were children can be hyper but I think my child has ADHD she doesn't sit still at all she climbs on everything has no fear of anything for example she try's to climb on a high unit to climb on the fish tank she is always trying to climb over saftey gate to et to stairs and duznt seem interested in her toys she has also stared getting very aggressive to her sister and when told of she just laughs I also got pulled of her nursery teacher as they picked up on her behaviour aswell I just want to know if it would be of any good to see my gp or I'm I just worrying too much any help would be great fully appreciated

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

While you can't be sure if your child has ADHD, his behavior may make you wonder. You can start by talking to your child's pediatrician. Ask if he or she has experience in diagnosing ADHD. If you are considering having your child evaluated for ADHD or are waiting for an appointment to start the diagnostic process, there are several things you can do in the meantime to help him or her now: Establish a schedule. Make sure your child has the same routine every day.

The schedule should include homework time and playtime. Post this schedule in a prominent place in your home. Be clear about expectations. Make sure your child knows what you expect, and be consistent with consequences if those expectations are not met. At the same time, be quick to reward your child when he or she meets expectations. Praise and be positive. Rather than nag and criticize your child, make a point of praising positive behaviors. Help your child organize everyday items. Work with your child to have a place for everything. This includes clothing, backpacks, and school supplies.

Hope this helps. All the best.