Does my immune system shut down when I get pregnant?

Patient

Q: I have had two pregnancies that have ended in early miscarriage. Both time I got really sick and my tonsils were extremely enlarged (I took antibiotics the first time, my tonsils had white patches). My second pregnancy I knew something was wrong when I woke up with swollen tonsils and feeling sick. Sure enough, two days later I miscarried. What does this mean, and is it just coincidence?

Symptoms:  Get sick right when I get pregnant (like a sore throat, etc)
Doctor

Thanks for the query,

Pregnancy is not a state of immunodeficiency and hence infections are not common unless poor oral hygiene is maintained or one has eaten outside any ice creams during the times and have contracted a streptococcal infection which caused swollen tonsils. It could be purely coincidental. The antibiotics use is ideally restricted in the first trimester and if there had been abortions then the cause is unlikely throat infection but possibly other reasons like missed abortion, luteal phase defect or inadequate implantation.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,