Does Ovarian Cyst removal casue early Menopause?

Patient

Q: Can I have 1 ovary and my uterus taken out and not be put into early menopause?I am getting my left Ovary taken out due to a growing cyst and want to know what will happen if i have them take my uterus as well

Doctor

A:   The removal of one ovary and the uterus will not result in premature menopause. The uterus does not have any effect on the development of menopause. The remaining ovary will produce enough hormones (estrogen and progesterone) to prevent the symptoms that are associated with menopause. Of course, without a uterus, you will no longer have any menstrual flow.