Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Does peanut butter cause acne? :( I love peanut butter

Does peanut butter cause acne? :( I love peanut butter

Patient: Does peanut butter cause acne? ๐Ÿ™ I love peanut butterI’ve heard it does, but I also heard that it has lots of proteins and I’ve eaten up to a full jar in a week!

Doctor: Hello thanks for your health query on ATDThe acne is caused by hormonal & familial factors.Peanut butter per se does not cause acne.But in some susceptible persons some foods may exacerbate the acne. Like some persons develop more acne lesions if they eat chocolate or drink milk.To check this stop taking peanut butter for few days & check severity. Again restart peanut butter & notice the severity.Hope you got me.