Does physical-therapy heals disc displacement completely?

Q: Hi,

I'm a 27 years old healthy man.Recently I got neck pain on the right hand side,after consulting the doctor, i took a MRI scan and came to know that, I was into a situation called something as "C5-C6 disc displacement".

The doctor gave some steroid tablets for a week and i was feeling 80-90% okay. But as soon as i stopped the tables, i started the feel the pain again starting down from right hand shoulder till the fingers. I'm always having a tingling sensation on my fingers, numbness on my upper part of the arm and pain on my right side shoulder.But I'm still able to move my right hand well, the doctor had confirmed the same stating the muscles are working perfectly on my right hand.

He had advised me to go through physio-therapy. So my question is, "Will physio-therapy will completely heal me?"

"If it heals, will this be a one time job? ;is it a temporary relief?"

"what is the worst condition that i have to do an operation to heal this problem?"