Does Quinsy (Peritonsillar Abscess) need immediate medical attention?

Patient

Q: I have peritonsillar abscess that occured just yesterday after my tonsilitis was cured.As I researched, it needs to be drained. Do I need to go to the ER tomorrow or just wait for my doctor on monday?

Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Quincy is accumulation of pus in peritonsillar tissue that results from suppurative tonsillitis. Since this contains loose connective tissues infection spreads rapidly. Initially we can try aniti bioitics for a week's time and if it is not subsiding, should go for drainage. It is advisable to consult ENT surgeon for further work up and treatment.