Does Rigevidon work as a morning after pill?

Patient

Q: Is it possible to take Rigevidon contreseption pill on the same day as intercourse and a few weeks after to use as the morning after pill?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Rigevidon is a combined oral contraceptive pill with both oestrogen and levonorgestrel , and hence cannot serve as a morning after pill which is purely progesterone and allows initiation of a progesterone challenge with high dose progesterone leading to an early withdrawal bleed, thereby preventing pregnancy. Rigevidon serves as a cyclical contraceptive and not as an emergency contraceptive. There are morning-after pills available as the plan-b, which can be used.

Hope this helps.