Does taking tavanic effect pregnancy? 5 days pregnant took that

Patient

Q: Does taking tavanic effect pregnancy? 5 days pregnant took that medication for 10 days?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.

TAVANIC or Levofloxacin is a category C drug and not to be used in early pregnancy or first trimester of pregnancy for chances of development of congenital anomalies.

However, risk for the same is decreased if confused during middle or late second trimester. It is not recommended in pregnancy at all, until and unless its benefits rules over the risks.

I hope I have answered your query,

Wishing you good health,

Patient: What's the probability of my baby being born with a defect?
Doctor: Thats really hard to tell, but it can be detected during various levels of scans at 13weeks and then at 20 weeks.