Does the human body have any other organ besides the

Patient

Q: Does the human body have any other organ besides the heart that "pumps"?! I feel something " pumping" or moving below my belly button and lower stomach area near ovaries only when I press down on iti can feel it moving . I lose it for a minute but then I press and move my hands around and I find it again. Something, I dont know what it is but it has a pumping motion. -yadira

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Wow, what a question.

Yes there are pother sites which also pump blood, but not like heart.
These are muscle pumps and the best examples are calf muscles.
Well, your query is related to the structure in the area of below the belly button and lower stomach near ovaries, felt only on pressing.
Very good presentation, this is seen in two conditions:
1, Any mass over the artery of the area.
2. From the artery itself and is called as an aneurysm.

This can be confirmed by Ultrasonography and color doppler and CT scan, arteriography and so on.

The plan for the treatment will be as per the findings of the investigations.