Does the pill interfere with pregnancy tests?

Patient

Q: I take ridgevidon, a type of the contraception pill. I am on the 5th day of my 7 free pill days and had no period which is unusual for me as I usually start the 2nd day. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and have also noticed an increase in discharge and sometimes light pains which I have heard are symptoms of early pregnancy.

My question is, do you think I could be pregnant? And if so, would taking a pregnancy test be altered when taking the pill? As I am 16, would there be any where I could go to be tested and/or having an abortion without having to consult my mother?

Thanks.

Symptoms:  Slight cramps, heavy discharge
Doctor