Does this multi vitamin contain too much B12?

Patient

Q: Hey I recently started taking multivitamins and while looking at the list of vitamins contained i noticed that with the recommended daily dosage (4 pills) I am getting 800 mcg of B12 listed as 13333% of my daily value. Could this much B12 be harmful to me?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is very difficult to overdose on vitamin B12 as your body only utilizes exactly what it needs, and the rest is excreted in the urine. Provided that you are following the recommend dosage of these multivitamins and you have consulted your personal doctor about taking this medication, you should not be concerned.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com