Does this sound like a mini stroke?

Patient: Hi, I have perhaps a very random question. A little over 8 years ago, when I was 18 I was in the shower and I was turning my neck from side to side. All of the sudden there was a cracking sound in my neck and I was in pain. I collapsed to my knees in the shower and I somehow managed to crawl to the phone and call an ambulance, but it was difficult to move. At the hospital they did I think a CT scan and said that it was probably muscle spasms. But looking back, I’m wondering if this sounds like a mini-stroke? Especially since I had just accidentally cracked my neck. Even if this was the case is this something I should worry about since it was so long ago and I haven’t had any problems since?

Symptoms: Currently none, at the time there was acute pain, inability to completely stand up, lightheadedness

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you had a transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), you would have also experienced confu sion or cognitive impairment during that initial fall. Furthermore, when you went to the hospital, it would have likely been detected on examination, blood tests, or diagnostic imaging. We would be inclined to support the doctors that treated you during the first episode.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com