Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Does Zoloft have effects on the body all day or

Does Zoloft have effects on the body all day or

Patient: Does Zoloft have effects on the body all day or does it have a duration? I work third shift and I may be getting thrown off.

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Zoloft works for more than 24 hours. If you having d rowsiness while working the third shift then it would be wise to get the medicine switched. Among the other options available Bupropion is a good option. Its a good antidepressant and doesn’t cause sedation and will not interfere in the work.Do meet your doctor and consider this option.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.