Does Zoloft have effects on the body all day or

Patient : Does Zoloft have effects on the body all day or does it have a duration? I work third shift and I may be getting thrown off.
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Zoloft works for more than 24 hours. If you having d rowsiness while working the third shift then it would be wise to get the medicine switched. Among the other options available Bupropion is a good option. Its a good antidepressant and doesn't cause sedation and will not interfere in the work. Do meet your doctor and consider this option. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.