Dogbite slow to heal

Patient : How long should it take for a 3-inch long gash from a dogbite heal? I have stiff tissue surrounding wound which still has an inch-long gash with soft scab and occasional drainage and it is still painful.I have seen ER doctors 3 times over the last 10 weeks but I must be certain it is going to be OK because I have to sign off on the dogowner's insurance to receive payment on medical bills.Should I go back to ER?
Doctor :   An injury of that nature should not take more than a couple weeks to heal completely. This delayed healing is probably t he result of an infection in the wound. For the wound to heal, the infection must be adequately treated with the appropriate antibiotics. Therefore, you will have to see a physician to confirm the presence if an infection and to prescribe the necessary medication.