Dose of iron medication

Patient

Q: I am a 21 year old girl, whose is a little anaemic. My doctor has prescribed me to take orofex- xt tablets, every day after dinner. Recently I read somewhere that this tablet should be taken empty stomach, in the morning. Is it okay that I'm taking it in the night?

Symptoms:  Fatigue, severe hair loss
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Iron tablets are advised to take with empty stomach to improve the absorption.
But this can cause gastritis as a side effect.
Because of this doctors usually recommend to take the tablet after food.
As you sleep in the night after taking the tablets you may not observe the side effects and also it is easy to remember the intake of tablet during nights as usually you will not have any work tensions at that time.

If needed you can change the time of intake according to your convenience.
Take care.