Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Doubt About Possible Pregnancy

Doubt About Possible Pregnancy

Patient: I had unprotected sex on my period while I was light. I was afraid of getting pregnant so I took Plan B the day after. Two days after I noticed light bleeding that lasted for a couple days. Since then I’ve felt tired, nausea, stomach gas. Are these signs of pregnancy or just am I just over reacting ?

Doctor: Hello, I comprehend your doubt about possible pregnancy. In my opinion the symptoms that you mentioned may not be relate d to pregnancy.Since you had unprotected sex while on your period, the possibilities of being ovulating at that time are decreased and since you took Plan B which is a oral contraceptive with high hormonal concentration, this could have been the reason for your light bleeding two days after taking the pill.In the future if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies, you might want to consult your primary care physician for information on contraceptive methods. They will explain them to you and suggest you the best choice in your case. I wish you the best.