Dr I'm type 1 diabetic patent almost last 5

Patient

Q: Dr. I'm type 1 diabetic patent almost last 5 years. Done my pancreas surgery. I'm using insuli.
My question is can i go for tato in my body.

Doctor

Diabetic patients are more prone for infection and inflammations. A tattoo can cause a chemical change and if it is done by piercing, there are chances that the skin can get infected and even lead to unhealed tissue developing into an ulcer followed by a gangrene. Hence, it is recommended that you do not go for it and avoid unnecessary complications.Better not to risk your health for a tattoo. You can opt for temporary ones like sketches and stickers instead.

Hope this helped.