Ask The Doctor > Pending > Dramatic hairloss – 19 year old girl

Dramatic hairloss – 19 year old girl

Patient: Hello,I am a 19 year old girl. These past three weeks I’ve had a tremendous amount of hairloss. I used to have really thick hair, and now you can see a lot of my scalp.I had stopped Diane 35 contraceptive pill about 3 months ago, and another less “intense” contraceptive about 3 weeks ago (I can’t remember the name). At that same time, I had a relapse of um bulimia. The worst its ever been in my life. It was pretty sudden and i started binging and purging on average around 2 times a day, but a few times it was as bad as 4 times a day. About a week after this ‘bulimic cycle’ started was when i noticed my hair falling out in dramatic unusual amounts. From then till now, I have still binged and purged, though not as intensely.I would like to know what would be the cause of this hairloss. At first, I thought it was because of the bulimia relapse, but one week seems so sudden. I didn’t lose a dramatic amount of weight, if any at all. I don’t understand what is happening to me. And it is making me very worried.What is happening to me (and am i going to go bald?) I am terrified.Thank you for your time,Viviane

Symptoms: Hairloss.

Doctor: