Drank 45 ml of dettol, what should i do?

Patient : Have vomited, almost everything in my stomach. is there any risk still?
Doctor :   Dettol is an antiseptic and toxic and lethal if consumed large. Though most of is vomited, the patient might develop pro blems of aspiration, quiet common in dettol poisoning. More over it is corrosive to stomach wall, so the patient must be immediately shifted to an emergency to rule out any toxic and lethal effects and admitted for observation for few hours to rule out harmful effects.

Related Q&A

Q: My husband has a severe case of alcoholic hepatitis. He was in the hospital for three weeks and one week ago he was d...

Q: My mother is 58 years old and she is suffering a lot of pain in her back and legs with numbness, especially the left ...

Q: I am the mother of a 55 year old male. He has developed an extreme case of fluid retention. bloated stomach, cellulit...

Q: Hello, I'm a 63 year old Caucasian female and had an ultrasound due to pains on my upper right quadrant which turned ...

Q: Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here... My question has to do with impotence , ba...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews