Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Drinking everyday and trying to quit

Drinking everyday and trying to quit

Patient: What are the chances of me getting rid of my alcohol addiction by going cold turkey? Is this the best method? Currently I consume alcohol on a daily basis.

Doctor: Going cold turkey is always very difficult but works if you really are serious about quitting. One of the best things yo u can do is have accountability. What this means is having someone to answer to that is a positive influence on you. I would find some sort of activity like a sport to get involved in so you can get in shape as well at the same time. Try staying away from putting yourself in situations where there are other people drinking. Hope this helps.