Drinking Large Amounts of Lemon Juice

Patient

Q: Is it safe to drink large amounts of 100% lemon juice? I recently started drinking lemon juice and enjoy the taste, however I'm concerned about health risks.

Doctor

A:   Lemon juice, because of its vitamin C and citric acid content has reported benefits for helping to strengthen the gums and teeth, digestive issues, relief of symptoms from the common cold.
While there are no reported toxic effects, excess amount of anything will have negative consequences.  As we often suggest a diet with variety and moderation, the same holds true for liquid nutrients.