Drop in ferritin after taking supplements?

Patient

Q: For the last 8 months i've been having problems with excessive hairloss after switching birth control(already switched off the one that started it)

I know that birth control can cause telogen effluvium and that it can last up to 6 months so i patiently waited for it so stop but after 8 months i decided i should probably check that it wasn't something else. The first doctor i saw sent me for tests for a hemotology panel, ferritin and TSH/t4 screening. The lab somehow ended up forgetting to do the TSH/t4 screening. I did however get my ferritin levels back. I got back 44 which fell under the probable iron deficiency. I went out right away after and got iron supplements and l-lysine to help w absorption.

Fast forward a month and it still hasn't slowed down so i decided to go to the walk in by my house and get a referral for the T4/TSH test the lab forgot before. The doctor said i might as well test my ferritin again too.

I just got my results back and my TSH and T4 were fine BUT somehow my ferritin has dropped down to 22.. very confused. I never took supplements before my first test and it was 44 but now that i am taking them its at 22.

Is there any possible reasons why its dropped with supplements instead of increased? Also not sure what step next to take to check whats happening with my hair... thinking possibly a dermatologist but I'm not sure..

Symptoms:  Hairloss, ferritin drop
Doctor