Drug use in the past might lead to baby with down syndrome?

Q: I am currently going 24weeks pregnant, and at 23 weeks, my baby's neck thickness was measured at 6.7mm, which my doctor says the normal neck thickness should be no more than 6mm . and that it's a symptom for down syndrome, i did not choose to have a aminocetics test as im afraid of the risk of miscarriaging. However i went for a second opinion at a private gynae and he says that everything is looking fine as the nasal bone and heart are all strong. i was told not to worry .
But the question is : I used to be on illicit drugs for afew months but stopped around one month or so before i got pregnant. My husband however is a potential drug user since 2005 and has never stopped even at the month of conception. can this be the cause if my baby really has down syndrome?