Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ducolax and general anesthesia interaction

Ducolax and general anesthesia interaction

Patient: I’m 7weeks pregnant and suffering with constipation for the last weekI have been taking ducolax I also think I have an internal hem proud so it’s really painful when I go to the loo I’m not keeping the baby and I’m due to have a surgical termination in 12 days I’m really worried the ducolax willEffect. Me when I have the general anehtesir how long do ducolax stay in your system and will they react with the general anesthesier just worrid about it all.

Doctor: Dulcolax is a stimulant laxative. It acts directly on the bowels, stimulating the bowel muscles to cause a bowel moveme ent. Dulcolax will not interact with general anesthesia.