Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Due to being in severe dental pain overnight I

Due to being in severe dental pain overnight I

Patient: Due to being in severe dental pain overnight. I exceed paracetamol limits and took 14 x 500g tablets in roughly 14 hours without realising. Should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It can lead to severe gastritis and also affect your liver and kidney in the long run. This is acute overdose and try not to repeat this again. Meanwhile, you may take antacids like pantoprazole for a week and consult a physician for an examination and antidote like acetylsalicylic acid if needed. There is no need for it now if you are free from vomiting, nausea and bleeding from nose, mouth or any bleeding from other orifices. Any discomfort, kindly see the doctor soon.Also get your dental problem fixed at the earliest.Hope this helped.Regards