Dull ache and spasms in stomach below ribs

Patient : I have not been feeling well for the past couple of days. Just generally under the weather and tired. On Thursday I left work early with a bad headache that would not ease up with ibuprofen and paracetamol. Friday morning the headache was considerably better but I started getting a dull ache in my stomach just below my ribs. I am also getting spasms there every so often and although they only last for a few seconds, they are very uncomfortable. Any ideas of what this could be?
Symptoms:  Dull ache and spasms in stomach below ribs
Doctor :   It can be very distressing to have constant low grade pain as it affects your work productivity and makes you feel ill t hroughout the day. What you are suffering from is probably a case of gastritis and increased production of Acid in your stomach. Avoid having spicy, oily food and fizzy drinks like sodas. It would be better to stay away from alcohol and smoking too. If the problem persists, you must consult your physician who can prescribe you medications and investigate you further.