Dull pain in my lower left abdomen.

Patient : I've had this pain in my lower left abdomen since Friday. At first I thought I just strained a muscle, but the next morning I was in a lot of pain in that area. Most of the pain was relieved when I went to the bathroom, but it's still there now. The pain I feel is as if I push on a bruise and some tightness too. Right now I don't feel the pain, but if I move a certain way or stay in a position for too long and then move the pain is there until I get used to it. I just want to know if it's something I should worry about or should I just take some pain meds.
Symptoms:  Pain in lower abdomen. Tightness. Cramping feeling.