Duphaston, is it safe?

Patient

Q: Hello doctor, A little bit history about me, i had a laparascopy July 2011 to remove endomestriosis and was on leuprolide for 3 months after that surgery. the 4th month (October 2011), I was tested positive but by December it was diagnosed BO and had a miscarriage.

I just had a positive pregnancy test yesterday (w faint line) and went to my obgyn immediately. Although nothing was detected on trans vaginal ultrasound (probably too early because i haven't missed my period during the test) She prescribed me duphaston 10 mg to be taken thrice daily and a multivitamin pill to be taken once daily. I did my research that duphaston can also cause birth defects. Is it safe to consume duphaston as she prescribed?

Doctor