Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > During a soccer game I was running kinda fast.

During a soccer game I was running kinda fast.

Patient: During a soccer game I was running kinda fast when a player stood in front of me suddenly and hit my knee “right knee” against his, it hurted extremely bad I couldn’t stand at the moment thn the pain went away I even went back to the field after 10 minutes but didn’t play that much because I felt like my knee was kind of heavy, I have a small lump above my knee cap towards the exterior of the knee , my knee doesn’t hurt unless I put pressure with my hand on that spot , my knee make grinding noise and a small sound like a click on my knee cap every time I stand up from a sitting position , and when I put my hand on the injury spot and bend my knee I can feel the bone doing a strange thing kind of moving weirdly. I have no problem walking nor pain.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. By your description, it seems that you got soft tissue injury with hematoma collection in subcutaneous tissue. It will gradually resolve itself. Icing and elevation of the knee over pillow will be helpful in resolving it. Quadriceps exercises will be helpful in resolving swelling. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. You can take analgesics like ibuprofen for pain relief if any pain is there.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.