Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > During intercourse I had felt a little pop right under

During intercourse I had felt a little pop right under

Patient: During intercourse I had felt a little pop right under my belly button, is there a chance my tubes have come back together. I had a tubal ligation 15 years.ago

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If you have been ligated already 15 years back then there are no chances that the tube s would have recanalized on their own. It’s a form of permanent sterilisation and over 15 years the lumen of the tube and it’s mucous would have destroyed completely and permanently blocked, so the question of recanalization doesn’t arise at all.I hope I have answered you query,Regards