During rigorous abdominal crunches, I began feeling a pulling sensation,

Patient : During rigorous abdominal crunches, I began feeling a pulling sensation, no pain, just a pulling sensation so I just took note and kept going. Well, now I have a constant tenderness on left lower abdominal side and have not attempted any abdominal activity sense. The pain is not severe, but has not really subsided yet either. I have had a c-section 2 1/2 years ago and am pretty active. Running is still fine and causes no pain. The only time there is actual pain is if I'm using my core a certain way.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and an elucidate history. The history of rigorous abdominal crunches is self-explanatory. Although there is no pain during running or any other activity, you have pain on using core in a certain way indicates that a small part of a particular abdominal muscle has gone into a minor trauma and caused you the problem. Abdominal wall has different layers of flat muscles. So only a particular part will be in action in a particular movement. I would suggest that you should hold on abdominal crunches and all such activities which can instigate the similar actions - to give rest to the part, take Ibuprofen or so if required.