DVT and abortions - are they possible?

Patient : Hi. This is a bit of a strange question, but I've had a one night fling with a girl I know. She is now telling me she is pregnant but also has deep vein thrombosis. She wants to have an abortion but is saying the doctors can't at the moment because of the DVT. I wanted to check this is true and whether an abortion is possible in this scenario? It sounds bad but she has been prone to lying and isn't telling me any information about the whole thing so I really just want to know what the potential outcomes may be. Thank you.
Symptoms:  DVT
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion. As is evident from the history that the one night fling has been recent and she has become pregnant and is in early pregnancy. DVT is an emergency and takes priority over pregnancy as chances of thrombus dislodgement is increased which may be life threatening. So, it is important to treat DVT with HEPARIN injections along with antibiotics first along with adequate rest . The dose is maintained with the INR levels in the body. Under strict supervision DVT can be controlled in a week . She needs to be hospitalised for supervised care. it is possible that there may be chances of a natural abortion sometimes in such cases during medication but an abortion is generally not induced because the woman is already on anti-clotting drugs , and was induced abortion can cause bleeding , it would be difficult to stop it then , also it might disturb the DVT and can cause any dislodgement. So , DVT has to be dealt first and termination of pregnancy can be practiced with till 7 weeks of gestation. Hence one should wait. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards