DVT or Pinched Nerve

Patient

Q: My right leg is very sore from my hip into my toes. I'm 27 and not on any medication, no allergies, don't smoke, and not on the any contraceptives. It started 10 days ago when I woke up in the night feeling like I'd ran the longest marathon. I then realised as I was awakening it was only in my right leg. Since then It is sometimes numb with tingles or chills or else aches so bad and swells up. There's no change in colour. No matter what way I position it there's no relief! At night it can feel like it's so full and swollen it's going to explode. It is weak during the day, I struggle to drive at times and sometimes can't drive at all. I can get some relief from walking but can't walk very far before it feels really weak. I sometimes get weird twinges like odd little muscle spasms - they could be anywhere thigh, ankle, toes... It often feels like the pain is coming from the upper part of my calf. The most recent excersise I had done was 5 days before it started and that was basic beginners yoga. I didn't feel like I'd any problems at the time! On the day I got the pain and the day before I had been working overtime and sitting for up to 12 hours at my desk including eating my lunch at my desk and going home to watch a film in bed because I was wrecked. I went to the doctor yesterday after work and she said my calf was quite tender. She said it's more than likely I pinched my sciatic nerve (even though I've no back pain) but she said she would like to rule out a DVT before she continues just to be on the safe side. She gave me a letter of referral to go to A&E to get the tests done. So I went straight away and got there at 7pm. I was sitting in the waiting room for 15 hours (Not a great health system in Ireland). At 4am (after squirming in the waiting room for 9 hours) my leg was in agony and swollen and I went through to tell the doctor I was going home it was too much. She convinced me it was important to get it checked and gave me some pain killers and sent me back to the waiting room. At 10am when I finically got called the new doctor on duty looked at me for 60 seconds and said it sounded like a problem with my nerves not a DVT. He didn't even feel my leg or calf, he just pushed it in the air and to the side and asked did it hurt and I said no. I had had more pain killers and the swelling was down at this point. I said it just felt weak and numb at this stage. He said it will probably go away by itself and told me to come back next week if it's still sore. He told me to wait outside while he writes out my paper work because they need the area for the next patient and he called her at the same time. He basically wanted me out of the way and even though I waited 15 hours with no sleep I felt he had no interest. Anyway, my question is do you think as he did that it's not a DVT? Maybe he just knows about these things and I'm worrying over nothing! My own doctor did say she thought it was nerves too and was only sending me as a precaution. I'd like to get your thoughts. Thank you.

Symptoms:  sometimes numb with tingles or chills or else aches so bad and swells up. There's no change in colour. No matter what way I position it there's no relief! At night it can feel like it's so full and swollen it's going to explode.
Doctor