Dyazide

Patient

Q: My friend recently took part in her first 'fitness model competition'. For three days in the run-up to the competition she took dyazide (2 per day, and 1.5 on day three; normal dosage 50/5) as a means to reduce water in her body and hence having better muscle definition for the competition. The competition was 2 days after her last pill.
She did a drug test immediately after the competition and will get the results in 3 weeks..
Unfortunately after the competition, she was advised that, as a diuretic, dyazide is on the list of banned substances.
Based on the above, she wishes to know whether she is likely to fail the drug test. If so, she will advise the authorities as her motives were not to cheat.
I am grateful for any advice you can give.
Regards,
William

Symptoms:  None
Doctor