Ear blockage and cough after beong sick

Patient

Q: Hi i just got over being sick and now my ear feels blocked and it keeps poping is this normal what can i do for it

Symptoms:  Cough blocked ear
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have contracted middle ear infection. This can be caused by a bacterial which causes inflammation, pain, and changes in your hearing. It can also produce a sensation of blockage within the ear canal. Even though you recently overcame an illness we strongly encourage you to go your nearest urgent care center or family physician to be examined. You may need to be prescribed antibiotics to treat this infection, and analgesic medication to treat your pain. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com