Earlier today i discovered that my panty liner smelled stron

Patient

Q: Earlier today i discovered that my panty liner smelled strongly of ammonia/urine. I always wear panrty liners and change them often because they get wet and it goes through to my underwear. I can also feel myself leaking a tiny bit from time to time. What is it and what should i do?

Symptoms:  Leaking, strong ammonia smell from panty liner, wet underwear, smell of urine
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There are 2 main types of incontinence. One type is stress incontinence and the other is overflow. In stress, there is an outflow of urine whenever the pressure in the abdomen is increased and in overflow, the bladder leaks when it is full. Both occur due to improper bladder control.

Wishing you the best

Hope this helps you.