Earliest and latest symptoms chlamydia can occur in women

Q: I was told I had chlamydia this morning. I've only been with two partners in the past six months. I was wondering, when is the earliest and the latest you can see symptoms of chlamydia. I didn't have symptoms until a week ago, and that is when I was sexually active with one of the two partners I've been with in the past two months.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: pain while urinating, excessive vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, positive test indicating chlamydia

A:   Thanks for your question.

Chlamydia is known as the "Silent Epidemic" because, in women, it may not cause any symptoms in 70–80% of cases and can linger for months or years before being discovered. Even if you do have symptoms, these can easily be confused with other, less serious conditions such as thrush or cystitis.
These symptoms may appear usually occur between one week and three weeks after catching the infection. Symptoms can last for a while or you may only notice them for a few days.

Early symptoms in women can include:
pain on passing urine vaginal discharge containing pus mild lower abdominal pain

If the infection is left untreated, later symptoms may include:
pain during sex, bleeding after sex or in between periods, severe pelvic pain

These symptoms are signs that the infection has spread further into your reproductive organs, causing inflammation of your cervix and infection in your uterus (womb). This can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and fertility problems caused by damage to your fallopian tubes.

Hope this helps