Earlobe Infection Treatment

Patient : My sons ear lope is inflamed and tender. He went to the general doctor and he said my son needs to go to an ENT since he has a clogged sweat duct. what is the ENT going to do? My son is 22years old
Doctor :   You rson seems to have developed an infection called Otitis Externa. His general doctor thinks that this may the result of clogged sweat duct. An ENT doctor will first confirm the diagnosis by performing a clinical examination as well as ordering the appropriate tests. Once the diagnosis has been confirmed, antibiotics  and painkillers will be prescibed to help the infection to resolve. Minor surgery may be required to drain any collections of pus that found on the earlobe.

Related Q&A

Q: I have had earaches for several months. I went to a specialist who checked me out and said it was nothing serious. I ...

Q: 1. What do you think is at the root of my problems with my left ear? 2. What is causing the hearing loss? Does the a...

Q: How to stop my ringing ear and the dull ache and pressure behind the ear drum after it leaves? It started 3 weeks ago...

Q: I have a ear infection. I am taking antibiotic and today i decided to pour ear drops inside my war - ciprodex. after ...

Q: I used the neti pot with batteries (force) for my nasal, it went straight up and came out the other side. But now I f...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon