Earlobe Infection Treatment

Patient

Q: My sons ear lope is inflamed and tender. He went to the general doctor and he said my son needs to go to an ENT since he has a clogged sweat duct. what is the ENT going to do? My son is 22years old

Doctor

A:   You rson seems to have developed an infection called Otitis Externa. His general doctor thinks that this may the result of clogged sweat duct. An ENT doctor will first confirm the diagnosis by performing a clinical examination as well as ordering the appropriate tests. Once the diagnosis has been confirmed, antibiotics  and painkillers will be prescibed to help the infection to resolve. Minor surgery may be required to drain any collections of pus that found on the earlobe.