Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Early 20’s, No Sex Drive

Early 20’s, No Sex Drive

Patient: I am a 24 year old female. I have been married for almost 3 years and we have an 8 month old son. My problem is I have no sex drive. I have pretty much always felt this way. I did however use to want to have sex on occasion and now it has gotten to the point where if I never did again I dont think it would bother me. It is causing real problems in my marriage.

Symptoms: Low sex drive

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Low sex drive among women is a common problem. There could be multiple reasons for the same. The common ones among them are depression, bad early sexual experiences, sexual desire disorder. The first and the last one are correctable with medicines. If there is depression then it needs to be treated with antidepressants such as bupropion or venlafaxine etc. If it is due to some early bad sexual experiences, then this would require relaxation therapy or CBT. The sexual desire disorder can be corrected with Pramipexole 0.125mg twice a day.Do meet your doctor and discuss these options.Hope this helps.Wish you a good health.