Early miscarriage now suffering severe back ache.

Q: Last week i had a miscarriage at 6 weeks pregnant. The bleeding only lasted 5 days and it wasnt really painful. The last 2-3 days though i have had sever backache and 2 days ago i struggled to walk standing straight as felt bloated and heavy, this has stopped now it is just the backache and the odd twinge in my stomach. Is this normal?

Symptoms:  Lower back ache/pain, occasional twinge in stomach.

Sometimes the miscarriage can be incomplete. This may cause uneasiness and discomfort in the abdomen. The other cause of backache could be lack of ambulation during the resting period after a miscarriage. It is recommended that you consult your doctor and get an examination done. An ultrasound may be needed to check it is a complete miscarriage or if there are any products of conception left behind. Based on the examination, the doctor may wish to treat you with medications or a surgical procedure accordingly.
Hope this helped.