Eating problem for teen

Patient

Q: What does it mean when i cant tell if im hungry or not and when i do eat i feel sick?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your problem being unaware of when you are hungry, followed by sickness after could be due to an underlying eating disorder that you could be suffering with. Persons with anorexia nervosa for example, have a distorted body image, which leads them to refrain from eating to the point of inducing malnourishment. Furthermore, disruptions in blood glucose levels, can cause a feeling of nausea when food is ingested and blood glucose levels spike to rapidly. We recommend that you see your doctor to be examined and have tests performed to determine what could be causing this problem.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com