Eating sufficient yet lossing wieght fast

Patient: I am an 18 year old male. 6 months ago I weighed 210lb and was fairly fit (9 years of wrestling/ weight lifting) when I experienced an extreme loss of appetite and lost 40lb in one month. since then I’ve gotten my appetite back and have been consuming 2000+ calories a day sometimes close to 3000, however I continue to lose weight I now weight 158lb and have had my skin fat down to 6%. I currently do very little physical activity, in fact I sit at a computer for days. I have frequent pain in the knees, back, neck and elbows. I just want to feel healthy again but I don’t what to do.

Symptoms: Joint pain, heavy weight loss, loss of appetite

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query to ATD.Losing weight in the absence of any obvious illness can be a serious p roblem.We have to find out what went wrong which lead to lack of appetite and losing weight about 40lbs in one month.Well, most common reason to cause a lack of appetite is anorexia nervosa means anxiety and restlessness.Other reasons include hepatitis, certain medicines, alcoholism, gastritis, and typhoid.The presence of diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes, HIV, hyperthyroidism may lead to rapid loss of weight particularly when you are eating sufficient.You need blood investigations to detect the cause of rapid weight loss.For this, you are advised to consult your doctor.