Ecosprin 75 in pregnancy

Patient

Q: My wife's first pregnancy and She had been advised to take Ecosprin 75 mg till 34 weeks, is it safe to take Ecosprin 75 mg till that longer?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Ecosprin 75 is a low dose non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication prescribed to women during pregnancy for pain and other medical conditions. Since your wife is in her third trimester of pregnancy she needs to be carefully monitored by her doctor if she is taking this medication. She should only take it as absolutely needed, and not beyond the daily required dosage.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com