Ectopic Pregnancy Risk?

Patient : If my mother had an ectopic pregnancy am I also at risk for having one?
Symptoms:  Missed period, slight abdominal pain on left side slightly above hip, tired more often, frequently feel cold
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. No ectopic pregnancy risk is not hereditary and if your mother had it, there is no rule t hat you may also have it as it is not inherited from parent to offspring. If you have missed your cycles and experiencing the above symptoms, consult a gynecologist and get a beta hCG test done and repeat same after 48 hours, increasing tires of the hCG will suggest an intrauterine pregnancy, if titres are same and fall, ectopic pregnancy is a possibility, also get a scan done to get a clearer picture Hope this helped. Regards,