ED injection drug cautions

Patient

Q: I have a Spinal cord injury and use intra-corpora cavernosa injections for my ED. I was wondering the if and how potentially dangerous it is to use the injections less than 24 hours apart.

Doctor

A:   Using such injectables without full detumescence increases your risk of developing priapism. Priapism is sustained, very painful erection. It requires medical intervention to be adequately treated and could result in permanent dysfunction. You may use the injectables or other drugs for erectile dysfunction more than once within a 24 hour period but you should make sure that the penis is completely flaccid and there is no residual drug on-board or you could develop complications such as priapism.